[Msband] MS Winter Band Concert
ctricialiu at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 09:08:22 EST 2010
Hi Doreen, I can be there at 6:30pm. So Chaperon, ticket or door, which ever
you'd like to fit me in. -Tricia Liu (Irene Liew's mom)
From: Doreen Shytle <doreenshytle at comcast.net>
To: msband at lists.weston.org
Cc: spectorw at weston.org
Sent: Mon, November 29, 2010 5:29:54 PM
Subject: [Msband] MS Winter Band Concert
Dear Parents of Middle School Band Members,
Greetings! This is the first group email for the 20010-2011 school year to
Weston Middle School Band parents from the Weston Friends of Music. As the
liaison between the “Friends” and band parents, I will be sending out email
notices and requests for assistance at band events. Band events involve a large
number of students – so parent volunteers are very important in making things go
Our first event is the Winter Band Concert, Wednesday December 15, 2010 at 7:30
pm at the High School. All middle school grade bands will be performing; band
members should arrive to the High School by 6:30 to warm-up.
We are looking for parent volunteers for:
· Chaperones, 6:30-7:30pm: 4-6 parent volunteers to assist the band
teachers during the 1 hour warm-up.
· Ticket Sellers, 6:30-7:40: 2 parent volunteers to sell tickets at the
door. Tickets are $5 per adult; students, staff and seniors are free.
· Door Ushers, 6:30-7:15: 2 parent volunteers to keep the entrance doors
closed until band directors are ready for the audience to enter.
· Stage Crew: 2 parent volunteers and/or high school students, to assist
with the one set change
· Refreshments: Many Parents! Following the concert, band members and
family/guests are invited for light refreshments in the cafeteria. This is a
nice opportunity to socialize and congratulate the bands on an enjoyable
performance, and the students are always hungry after the concert! We need
refreshment volunteers to provide:
· Desserts: Finger desserts, e.g cookies, brownies, etc., preferably on
· Water: Cases of 8 oz bottled waters
Donated items can be dropped off in the High School Cafeteria when students
arrive at 6:30pm.
· Cafeteria Set-up, 6:15-7:00 :1 parent volunteer toassist with
receiving and set-up refreshments and beverages
Please respond to this email if you are able to volunteer.
Thank you for your support of the Music Program!
Weston Friends of Music – M.S. Band
Note: This information and any additional details can also be found on Weston
Friends of Music web page or by following this link:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Msband