[Hschorus] Final reminder: Chorus Potluck Dinner - This Sunday December 7th

Rose Hattabaugh rose_hattabaugh at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 21:06:29 EST 2014

Thank you to all of the parents who have donated to this Sunday's chorus potluck dinner!   We could still use a few more main course dishes and salads for anyone who has not donated yet.

                   Dear Chorus Parents,
The annual Pot Luck Dinner which will take place this Sunday, DECEMBER 7th. The Chorus will be singing at Newbridge SeniorLife Center in Dedham.  This a chorus tradition that the residents greatly appreciate and enjoy.  After the performance, the students return to the High School for a Pot Luck Dinner.  They are hungry and thirsty, so parents provide a dinner to feed the about 150 singers as quickly and deliciously as possible.

The children arrive at the high school (12:00 for concert choir and 12:30 for full chorus). For those dropping off cold food or drinks, you may drop off at either of these times in the cafeteria.   All hot meals need to be dropped off at 4pm.

Here are the pot luck assignments by grade:  We hope every family will be able to participate in some way.
Here is what we still need.

Grade 9:  Main course:

EACH DONATION SHOULD SERVE 8-10. (Note: we need several that are meatless.)

Suggested Dishes: lasagna (meat and meatless), macaroni & cheese, chicken dishes, pizza (can be bite size bagels or variety including veggie).

We need approx. 25 dishes (at least 5 meatless)Still need 9

Grade 10:  Salads:

EACH DONATION SHOULD SERVE 8 - 10

Suggested salads: Keep them simple: Green tossed, Fruit, Caesar

We need approx. 15 dishesWe still need 7

Grade 11:  Dessert:

EACH DONATION SHOULD SERVE 8 - 10

Suggested desserts should be individual: Cupcakes, brownies, cookies

We need approx. 15 donationsAll set!

Grade 12:  Beverages:

2 (1liter) bottles each volunteer

Suggested drinks: Water is preferred, Juices, soda.

We need approx. 20 people to provide drinks.All set!

Option for All Grades: Napkins, Plates, Plastic Utensils & Cups -

We Need 16 people to bring 40 of one of the above items.All set!

Also needed are 4 volunteers for set-up around 3:30. These volunteers will help receive food and set up the buffet, help set the rest of the tables, etc. (MEALS should be ARRIVING AROUND 4, already hot) All set!

Finally, as always, we also need people to help clean-up at the conclusion around 5:30, as well as someone to take the leftovers to a local homeless shelter.

 We need approx. 6 people for clean up.
Could use a few parents to help here.

Please email Rose Hattabaugh at rose_hattabaugh at hotmail.com and note specifically the item you will be bringing or to sign up to help.

This information and any additional details can also be found on Weston Friends of Music web page.

Thank you so much for helping to make this a memorable and fun tradition for your children!