[Hschorus] New York Chorus Trip Important Medical Information for parents and students

Debbie Eappen deappen at comcast.net
Wed Jan 16 12:48:46 EST 2013

Hello,  as the exciting chorus trip to New York City draws near, I think it
is important that we touch base on some basic medical and health supplies
your child should pack.

*Purell*: should be packed in each child's bus pack.  With the virulent flu
going around, I would like to suggest the kids use Purell each time they
get on and off the bus and before eating meals.

*Tissue*

*band aids, basic first aid kit, sanitary products, over the counter
medications including tylenol, motrin or allergy medicines they are
accustomed to taking*

For those students on *prescription medications, those medications will be
handed out by me* ( or the child's parent if they are chaperoning the
trip).  Please email me if your child is on a prescription medication and
you will be sending that with me in a clearly labeled medication bottle
with your child's name and dosing .these should be delivered to me after
your child takes his/her Saturday morning dose.

*For those parents of children with serious, chronic disease, please speak
to me by Thursday night.  I am particularly concerned about any child with
diabetes, worrisome medical conditions, or anyone who may need use of an
epipen.  I will need a backup set of medications and instructions for any
of these children, even if you are sending your child with a set.*

I can be reached by phone or email, my home phone is 781-899-9756
cell phone, mediocre coverage in some parts of Weston: 781-518-3031
please call me by Thursday night at 9:30 pm.

If your child is suffering from the flu or has a fever, please do not send
them on this trip, for their health and the health of others.

Thank you very much,

Debbie Eappen, M.D.

--
Deborah Eappen
President of The Matty Eappen Foundation
deappen at comcast.net