[Hschorus] High School Chorus 2012-2013

Mary Jane Sarocco maryjanesar at verizon.net
Fri Oct 12 08:00:50 EDT 2012

Dear Parents in the High School Chorus Community:

Greetings!  I am sending this first group email as the Weston High School
Chorus liaison to begin to organize volunteers for the 2012-2013 school
year.  Through Weston Friends of Music, I'll be organizing these events for
Chorus to help Therese Provenzano so she can focus on the singing!

We have a fun-filled year coming up, starting with the Masquerade Concert on
Wednesday, October 24th at 7:30 p.m. at the High School.  This is a fun
concert where the students come dressed in Halloween costumes to sing.  We
will need volunteers to supervise the doors before the concert starts.
Specifically, we need 2-3 volunteers to "man" the doors from 6:30 to
7:15p.m. so no one goes in too early while the Chorus is still preparing.

  Please respond to this email if you'd like to volunteer for the Masquerade
Concert.

There are a few other events coming up in December where we will need
volunteers:

Concert/Pot Luck, Sunday, December 9th

The High School Chorus will sing at Norumbega, and then they will return to
the High School for a pot luck dinner provided by the parents.  We'll need
several volunteers for this event:

.        Chair will be Sarah Ardila who also chaired the event last year
(thank you!)

.        Several volunteers (5 to 8) to help with the set up the dinner; and

.        Several volunteers (5 to 8) to help with the clean up after the pot
luck dinner.

We'll ask everyone to help with the food as we get closer to the event.

Chorus Winter Concert, Thursday, December 13th at 7:30 p.m.

We will need volunteers to help with:

.        Working as a door usher; and

.        Bringing food and drinks for the post-concert reception

Please let me know if you'd be interested in helping with any of these
events.  You can respond directly to this email and I'll organize all of the

We will have other opportunities for volunteers later in the year at the
Regis Concert, Spring Sing, Jazz Night and the Pops Concert.  I'll be in
touch later as we start to plan these events.

This information and any additional details can also be found on Weston
Friends of Music web page:

 <http://www.westonschools.org/index.cfm?pid=19750>
www.westonschools.org/index.cfm?pid=19750

Thanks in advance for all of your help with chorus this year.  Therese
really appreciates your support!

regards,

Mary Jane Sarocco

WFOM Chorus Chair