[Msorchestra] String Fling, Tuesday, March 6th at 7:00 pm

Kristen Reeder kkreeder at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 13:03:51 EST 2018

To Families of High School and Middle School Orchestra Members,

The popular String Fling is around the corner.  *Tuesday, March 6th at 7:00
pm*.  This is a family favorite where we see the progression from 3rd grade
through the high school orchestras.  *Admission is $5.00 per person or
$5.00 per family.  Students, faculty, and seniors are free.*

With the large numbers of student musicians and their parents, we will
follow the procedures below to accommodate the crowd.

*       ** Musicians should enter through the doors by the gym.

*       ** Up until *6:45*, audience members will enter the High School
through the main entrance next to the cafeteria.  Tickets will be sold at
that entrance.  Guests will be directed through the HS            hallways
toward the gym where they will wait until the doors open at *6:45* pm.

*       ** After *6:45*, the entrance near the gym/auditorium will be
opened, but guests will be asked to wait until the others who arrived
earlier have entered the gymnasium.

*       ** Anyone with mobility issues  can enter at any time through the
doors by the gym.

We need the following parent volunteers to make this concert a success.

      *** * 6 Middle School parent volunteers to help chaperone students.
Please arrive by 6:00 pm.*  Report to Colleen McDonald in the Black Box
room.  If any parent volunteers can help                tune instruments,
that would be helpful.

      **  4 High School parent volunteers to help as guides.  Please arrive
by 6:30 pm.*  Guides will direct parents outside the cafeteria, in the
hallways, and assist musicians.

      **  All volunteers will be able to reserve a seat in the gym.*

Please let us know if you are available to volunteer by emailing Kristen
Reeder at kkreeder at gmail.com.

Thank you in advance for your support.  We are looking forward to an
incredible concert!

Kristen Reeder, High School Orchestra Chair
Rhonda Mah and Jay Valenta, Middle School Orchestra Co-Chairs
Weston Friends of Music