[Msorchestra] MS Orchestra Forms and Information

MacDonald, Colleen MacDonaldC at weston.org
Mon Sep 10 08:09:03 EDT 2012

Hello Orchestra Parents,

Welcome back!  I hope everyone had a great summer!

This year I am giving all orchestra information and forms to parents and students on-line.  I have included all the appropriate links for you below.  Your child may have already guided you to these forms via the MS Orchestra webpage, which is another easy way to keep up to date on all MS Orchestra happenings!

1.  WMS Orchestra Handbook:  Please read through this carefully with your child:  Handbook<https://docs.google.com/a/my.weston.org/document/d/1jfcvu4anqUaGg2JP8r-BmnyPY2a2Bec9KP31m6qWHzY/edit>
2.  Parent Commitment Form:  Once you have read the Handbook, please fill out the Parent Commitment Form:  Parent Form<https://docs.google.com/a/my.weston.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDNFMHdLYzZNci1qcmpQdWZJY09OcVE6MA#gid=0>
3.  Student Commitment Form:  Students must fill out this form once they have read through the handbook:  Student Form: Student Form<https://docs.google.com/a/my.weston.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEVCYkxiQUhYd2luZXZpSkl2YU1RbHc6MA#gid=0>
4.  WMS Orchestra Calendar at a glance:  Calendar<https://docs.google.com/a/my.weston.org/document/d/1ALiNQhtbih5ep65oQWMnHitAz1_TfgeCUXJgsg6MPWs/edit>
5.  To sign up for SmartMusic, please follow read the attached info.  We use SmartMusic in the MS Orchestra program for grading purposes.  Every student must have an account.  It is much easier to complete assignments through SmartMusic if you have the software on your computer at home.  If you don't, students will need to arrange times with me to use a school computer to get assignments done.  SmartMusic Information<http://www.westonschools.org/index.cfm?pid=14866>
6.  Private Lessons:  To sign up for Private Lessons, please fill out the attached form.  We have a fantastic program after-school at the MS...I highly recommend lessons for orchestra students.  Private Lesson Form<https://docs.google.com/a/my.weston.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEFtWW1SdmdCcHdid285ajlsclp5NGc6MQ>
7.  WMS Orchestra Website (All Information, including a google calendar you can subscribe to).  Orchestra Website<http://westonschools.org/index.cfm?pid=30437>

I look forward to another fantastic year with the MS Orchestras!  Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.

Colleen MacDonald
Weston Middle School  Orchestra Director
macdonaldc at weston.org<mailto:macdonaldc at weston.org>