[Msorchestra] String Fling, Tues March 11

Kim and Glenn Engler kg.engler at verizon.net
Wed Mar 5 17:04:41 EST 2008

Hello  parents of MS orchestra students.  This coming Tuesday, March 11th, at 7:30 PM, the schools will be bringing the various orchestras together for the gala event of the season--STRING FLING.  The directors are in need of several "helpers" for the evening.  We will be needing 3 ticket sellers, 3 "guards" for the doors, and at least 5 chaperones (it would be helpful if a few were able to tune the string instruments, but not vital) for the warm-up rooms.    This is a multi school event, held in the High School Gymnasium, and the elementary school kids need a lot of help finding their assigned seats, so the chaperones really have to be willing to help out, especially with the little kids. It is fun, and exciting for everyone to hear all of the orchestras play individually, and then come together for a mega-treat with all of them together.

We thank all of the directors and the entire Music Department for coordinating this event, and we are sure it will be a great and entertaining evening for all.

Please email Kim Engler (kg.engler at verizon.net) if you can help out as a chaperone, ticket seller, or door guard.  If you are a helper, please arrive at the HS at 6:30, which is when your child needs to be dropped off, too.

Thanks for helping out!!
Kim Engler
Weston Friends of Music