[Msband] HELP NEEDED: WMS Spring Band Concert

Brenda Messervy messervyb at gmail.com
Thu May 19 16:43:48 EDT 2016

Dear Parents of Middle School Band Members,

The WMS Spring Band Concert is coming up next week on Wednesday, May 25th
at 7:30pm.

Here are the details:

*WHEN:  *Wednesday, May 25th
*WHERE:  *Weston High School Auditorium
*START TIME: * 7:30pm
*STUDENTS ARRIVE:*  6:30pm
*DRESS: * White dress shirt/blouse and black pants/skirt with black dress
shoes.  Ladies will wear their maroon sashes and gentlemen will wear their
maroon bow tie and cummerbund.
*ADMISSION: * $5 per adult, *student, staff and seniors are free*.

   - Performance order is Jazz Band, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, and 8th Grade.
   The concert will run approximately one hour and 20 minutes.
   - We will have a reception in the cafeteria after the concert.

Here's where *WE NEED YOUR HELP*:

   - 6:30-7:30pm:  *Three parent volunteers* to assist the band teachers
   during the one hour warm-up
   - Refreshments:  *Many parent volunteers* needed following the concert
   to provide and serve light refreshments in the cafeteria.  This is a nice
   opportunity to socialize and congratulate the bands on an enjoyable
   performance.  We need volunteers to provide:
      - *Desserts:*  Plates of finger desserts, e.g. cookies, brownies,
               fruit etc. *(NUT FREE PLEASE)*
               - *Water/Juice: * Cases of 8 oz bottled waters or gallon
               jugs of juice/water
               - *Cups/Napkins:* Plastic/paper cups and napkins
               - (Donated items should be dropped off in the High School
               Cafeteria when students arrive at 6:30pm)

Please respond to messervyb at weston.org if you are able to volunteer as a
chaperone, help with refreshment set up or donate items.  This is our last
concert of the year, so please consider helping out to make this a
success!  The students have been working hard and we look forward to a
wonderful evening of music showcasing our young musicians!

Thanks for your support of the WMS Band!

Brenda Messervy
messervyb at weston.org

--
Many thanks,