[Msband] WMS Band Information
DandreaP at weston.org
Mon Sep 10 17:04:45 EDT 2012
Dear WMS Band Parents,
Welcome to the 2012-2013 WMS Bands! With the start of the Fall comes much excitement about a great year of music with our band students. Instead of sending home paper copies of all of the beginning of the year information, we have posted everything online on the MS Band Website.<http://westonschools.org/index.cfm?pid=30435> With all the paper coming home in these first weeks of school, we understand that it can pile up. We hope this will make it easier for you to organize and manage our year.
Please find on the website the following:
* Band Handbook (Please read carefully and review with your student)
* Band Calendar - Please put the concert dates in your calendars now.
* There is a printable version toward the bottom of the page, and you can also subscribe to the calendar.
* Parent Commitment Form (please fill out and submit - 1 parent response per student)
* Student Commitment Form (please confirm with your student that he/she has completed)
* Students must log in with their my.weston email accounts (info on usernames and passwords is located on the top of each student's printed schedule.
* Private Lesson Information (please fill out and submit if your child needs a private teacher)
* We recommend private lessons for all students in the WMS Bands. This is the best way for your student to improve, enjoy, and commit to his/her instrument.
* Private lessons begin Monday, September 17th, so please submit your form ASAP.
* Smartmusic Information
* We recommend every band student subscribes to Smartmusic at home to practice, as well as keep up to date and complete mandatory homework assignments. It is difficult for students without this software at home to complete homework and improve.
MS Band Website: http://westonschools.org/index.cfm?pid=30435
We look forward to a wonderful year teaching and enjoying music with your students!
Patrick Dandrea and Lisa Nardone
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Msband