[Msband] ***Jazz Under the Stars***

Toland, Colleen TolandC at mail.weston.org
Mon Feb 2 11:33:42 EST 2009

Don’t miss the first ever JAZZ Under the Stars!!! This unique event will take place on Wednesday, February 11 in the Weston Town Hall beginning at 7:00 pm, and will feature performances by both the Middle and High School Jazz Bands and a Jazz Combo. This, however, is no ordinary concert! In fact, it’s not really a concert at all. Jazz was born and raised in social settings and dance halls of the early 1900s, so we will be replicating this atmosphere in Weston in 2009! Live music will play throughout the evening as guests are treated to an interactive swing dancing demonstration and refreshments. A live auction will also be held, with all proceeds going to the Boston Live Charity Fund, a local organization whose mission is to "give inner-city children and local schools the funds and equipment to build musical leaders." Admission is FREE, but donations to BLCF will be gladly accepted. This event is sponsored by the WHS TRI-M Music Honor Society.

We hope to see many Middle School Band students and family members next Wednesday night.  It will be a fun event for all!  Spread the word!