[Msband] May 6 MS Band Concert

DeLaney Family delaney_family at verizon.net
Tue Apr 28 20:22:13 EDT 2009

Dear Parents of Middle School Band Members,

Next Wednesday, May 6 at 7:30 pm is the Spring MS Band Concert in the High School auditorium.  Following the concert there will be some light refreshments in the cafeteria.

Once again we are looking for lots of volunteers to bring a plate of finger desserts (cookies, brownies, fruit, etc.) or a case of small water bottles.  Coffee will be provided.  The food should be on disposable plates if possible and can be dropped off in the High School Cafeteria when students arrive at 6:30 p.m.  We all know how much our middle school musicians enjoy the snacks after concerts, so please volunteer to help feed them and their guests!!

Volunteers are also needed for the following tasks beginning at 6:30 pm on May 6:
2 ticket sellers
4 chaperones to assist Ms. Toland
1 refreshment set-up person in the cafeteria

3 volunteers are also needed as part of a stage crew to assist with a set change right before the jazz ensemble performs on Wed. evening.  This is a great job for high school siblings attending the concert who wish to get community service credit, but willing parents are probably also needed.

*** Lastly, if your child is an 8th grader without a younger sibling musician, please consider donating his/her sash or cummerbund and bow tie to the Weston Friends of Music for its fall concert clothing sale.  We will have a drop box outside the cafeteria following the concert to collect such donations.  Your child will not need these maroon accessories at the High School.

Please respond ASAP to this e-mail to volunteer or to let me know if your family is bringing food or drink.  We appreciate your help.
Thank you!!

Linda DeLaney
Weston Friends of Music - M.S. Band