[Hsorchestra] Orchestras will not be performing on Saturday

Christopher Memoli memolic at weston.org
Wed May 18 11:50:35 UTC 2022

Dear Orchestra Students and Parents,

The National weather forecast <https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.3667&lon=-71.2967#.YoTY3i-B1Bw> is now forecasting the temperature to be 95 degrees and sunny on Saturday at the Town-Wide Celebration.   Unfortunately, at that temperature, there can be severe damage to string instruments.  The glue weakens and the varnish becomes soft.  The stage is in the direct sun, so there really is no way to escape.  There is no tent.  I am sad to have to cancel the orchestras, but I do not think we can risk damaging the instruments.

The band and chorus are still performing and the Town-Wide Celebration is filled with all sorts of other activities, so I encourage you to come and enjoy the day!

Mr. Memoli

Christopher Memoli
Director of Music
Weston Public Schools