[Hsorchestra] Welcome to the 2021-2022 Orchestras!

Christopher Memoli memolic at weston.org
Wed Sep 1 19:52:21 UTC 2021

Dear Orchestra Parents,

Welcome to the 2021-2022 Orchestra!   I am very excited about both orchestras - they should be outstanding!  Here is some important information about Orchestra class this year.

Please find on the website the following:

Orchestra Handbook <https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1FmnAB3SzgV7D_qGDuuRBpWljZQS43V9YmtCJesYRGQw/pub>  (Please read carefully)
Orchestra Calendar <https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=my.weston.org_n4q9tjfja978dnlv1stba7de1s@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York> -  You can subscribe to the calendar.  We are not positive what concerts will look like this year, however please put these dates in the calendar as place holders.
Parent Commitment Form <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc9wsEDZrzWXfurQ3ZhTnwWn-DJEMA0prLtCikueC1dMGB1ww/viewform?formkey=dGp6Mk5Ia1hYNUliMUNhNkgyQTFudVE6MA>  (please fill out and submit - 1 parent response per student)
Private Lesson Information <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdy8x3_9a7VuYOTETTGAzcUljkmXzWkK0sU5XCAVxcx0yFgRg/viewform?formkey=dEFtWW1SdmdCcHdid285ajlsclp5NGc6MQ> (please fill out and submit if your child needs a private teacher)I recommend private lessons for all students in Orchestra.

HS Music Department Website (click on  orchestra):    https://www.westonschools.org/high/departments/music/ <https://www.westonschools.org/high/departments/music/>

SmartMusic is fully integrated into the Weston band and orchestra curriculum.  The bulk pricing is only $13.99 per student, a significant reduction from the $29.99 regular subscription.  We require all students to purchase this $13.99 subscription as a part of their enrollment in band and orchestra (we had a stimulus grant last year).  Please pay via this link:  SmartMusic Payment. <https://payment.westonmass.org/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/SPLASH.html?interfaceparameter=webtrac_WPS>  There are subscriptions available for those students on free and reduced lunch.  Please reach out to your music teacher if this need applies to you.

I look forward to teaching this year's Orchestras!  It will be a great year!

Regards,

Christopher Memoli
Director of Music
Weston Public Schools