[Hsorchestra] Band and Orchestra Trip to New York City - Reminder

Memoli, Christopher MemoliC at weston.org
Sun Oct 6 18:53:38 EDT 2013

Dear Parents,

In January, Band and Orchestra Students will have the opportunity to take part in an optional Band and Orchestra trip to New York City. The trip is planned for Martin Luther King Jr. weekend, and will take place on Saturday and Sunday, January 18th & 19th, 2014.   It will not be a performance trip, but rather a music appreciation trip.   Students will attend the Opera "Die Fledermaus" at the Met, attend a Broadway Musical "Mamma Mia," take a Back Stage Tour of the Radio City Music Hall and go to the "Top of the Rock."  It will be both educational and fun for everyone involved.  The tentative Itinerary is below.

We have addressed some of the most important details you should be aware of at this time.  Students will be housed in single-sex rooms (four to a room) with chaperone rooms stationed on every floor.  The cost of the trip is approximately $340.00 depending on the exact number or participants.  In addition, students will need to bring money for lunch Saturday and Sunday as well as dinner Sunday.

In order to plan for hotel accommodations, number of buses, tickets for the opera and theater, etc., it is imperative for us to get an accurate count of students who are planning to participate by Monday, October 7, 2013.   If your child would like to participate, please use the online payment system<https://unipaygold.unibank.com/TransactionInfo.aspx?transid=12916> to pay the $200.00 trip deposit by Monday, October 7, 2013.   The final payment will be due November 7, 2013.

All trip payments must be received on or before the deadlines.  Failure to meet trip payment deadlines may result in a student being removed from the trip.  All trip payments are non-refundable.  Once we commit to a number in our traveling group, the school gets no refund from these agencies.

Tentative Itinerary:

January 18/Saturday
7:00am - Depart From School For New York City via Charter Bus
                 Rest Stop Enroute
12:00pm - Arrival At The Lincoln Center For The Performing Arts
1:00pm - Opera “Die Fledermaus” at the New York Metropolitan Opera
5:15pm - Dinner - Hard Rock Cafe (included)
7:30pm - Rockefeller Center
8:00pm - “Top Of The Rock” Observation Area
9:00pm - Depart For The Hotel
10:00pm- Check  Into The Hampton Inn, Meadowlands, Nj

January 19/Sunday
7:30am - Deluxe Continental Breakfast At The Hotel
8:30am - Depart for Manhattan
9:00am - Tour of Wall St./Trinity Church/Ground Zero Area
11:00am - Radio City Music Hall Back Stage Tour
12:30pm - Lunch in Broadway area
2:00pm - Broadway Matinee “Mamma Mia”
5:30pm - Approximate Departure For School
                  Dinner Enroute

10:30pm- Approximate Arrival At School

If you any questions, please contact at Mr. Memoli at memolic at weston.org<mailto:memolic at weston.org> or 781-786-5945.   We are sure this will be an exciting year for the band and orchestra students.  We look forward to a fun and educational trip to New York City.

Sincerely,

Christopher Memoli
Director of Music, Wind Ensemble and Orchestras

Patrick Dandrea
Concert Band,  Jazz Ensembles, Chamber Music and AP Music Theory