[Hsorchestra] Band and Orchestra Trip to New York City

Memoli, Christopher MemoliC at mail.weston.org
Thu Nov 10 12:17:09 EST 2011

Dear Parents,

In January, Band and Orchestra Students will have the opportunity to take part in an optional Band and Orchestra trip to New York City. The trip is planned for Martin Luther King Jr. weekend, and will take place on Saturday and Sunday, January 14th & 15th, 2012.   It will not be a performance trip, but rather a music appreciation trip.   Students will attend the Opera "Tosca" at the Met, attend a Broadway Musical, take a tour of the Apollo theater and go to the "Top of the Rock."  It will be both educational and fun for everyone involved.  The tentative Itinerary is below.

We have addressed some of the most important details you should be aware of at this time.  Students will be housed in single-sex rooms (four to a room) with chaperone rooms stationed on every floor.  The cost of the trip is approximately $335.00 depending on the exact number or participants.  In addition, students will need to bring money for lunch Saturday and Sunday as well as dinner Sunday.

In order to plan for hotel accommodations, number of buses, tickets for the opera and theater, etc., it is imperative for us to get an accurate count of students who are planning to participate by Monday, November 14, 2011.   If your child would like to participate, please print, sign and return
Parent Field Trip Consent Form, Release From Liability And Indemnity Agreement
 and a $200.00 trip deposit by Monday, November 14, 2011.   The final payment will be due December 2, 2011.  In addition, please submit the Student Emergency Medical Treatment Information Form (click here).<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDNLZXVFV3l5bjR5VGNsVEt6R21OZ1E6MQ>

All trip payments must be received on or before the deadlines.  Failure to meet trip payment deadlines may result in a student being removed from the trip.  All trip payments are non-refundable.  Once we commit to a number in our traveling group, the school gets no refund from these agencies.

Tentative Itinerary:

January 14/Saturday
7:30am - Depart From School For New York City via Charter Bus
                 Rest Stop Enroute
12:30pm - Arrival At The Lincoln Center For The Performing Arts
1:00pm - Opera “Tosca” at the New York Metropolitan Opera
5:15pm - Dinner (included)
7:30pm - Rockefeller Center
8:00pm - “Top Of The Rock” Observation Area
9:00pm - Depart For The Hotel
10:00pm- Check  Into The Hampton Inn, Meadowlands, Nj

January 15/Sunday
8:00am - Deluxe Continental Breakfast At The Hotel
9:00am - Depart For The Apollo Theatre
10:00am - Tour Of The Theatre
12:00pm - Luncheon Enroute
2:00pm - Broadway Matinee “Memphis”
5:00pm - Approximate Departure For School
                  Dinner Enroute
10:00pm- Approximate Arrival At School

If you any questions, please contact at Mr. Memoli at memolic at weston.org<mailto:memolic at weston.org> or 781-786-5945.   We are sure this will be an exciting year for the band and orchestra students.  We look forward to a fun and educational trip to New York City.

Sincerely,

Christopher Memoli
Director of Music, Wind Ensemble and Orchestras

Patrick Dandrea
Concert Band,  Jazz Ensembles, Chamber Music and AP Music Theory

WESTON HIGH SCHOOL PARENT FIELD TRIP CONSENT FORM, RELEASE FROM LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT:

Please return this email and a $200.00 trip deposit made payable to the "Town of Weston" by Monday, November 14, 2011.  In addition, please submit the Student Emergency Medical Treatment Information Form with the link above.

I have read the email above and give permission for my child (above) to attend the HS Band and Orchestra trip to New York City.  I accept responsibility for the cost of this trip and understand that the payments are due on or before the dates listed above.  I understand that all trip payments are non-refundable.

I understand that my son or daughter must obey all Weston Public School rules while participating on this trip.  I understand that these rules prohibit the use or possession of alcohol, tobacco products, and illegal substances.  In the event that my son or daughter does not abide by these rules, I will be notified by the faculty member in charge, and my child will be sent home at my expense.  I give my consent for any search, deemed advisable, of my child’s belongings/lodgings while on this trip.

I/We forever RELEASE and discharge the Town of Weston and its departments, officers, employees, and agents (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Weston”), from any and all claims, damages, losses or expenses of whatever kind or nature which I/we may have or acquired as the parent(s) or guardian(s) of said minor arising out of or resulting, directly or indirectly, from said minor’s participation in this field trip.  I/We also RELEASE and discharge Weston from any and all claims, damages, losses or expenses of whatever kind or nature which said minor may have or acquire arising out of or resulting from, directly or indirectly, his/her participation in this field trip.

I/We furthermore agree to defend and INDEMNIFY against any claims, damage, loss or expense of whatever kind or nature that Weston may have to pay that arises from said minor’s intentional, grossly negligent, or reckless acts or omissions while participating in this field trip.

I/We further authorize Weston’s employee(s) or agent(s) who is supervising said minor while participating in this field trip to require said minor to comply with any rules, standards of behavior or instructions such employee(s) or agent(s) may reasonably establish including those outlined in the Weston High School Student/Parent Handbook.

I/We hereby authorize Weston employee(s) or agent(s) who is supervising said minor, and/or the host family of said minor (if applicable) to act on our behalf in authorizing and consenting to emergency medical care, dental care, and/or hospitalization for said minor if he/she becomes ill or is injured while participating on the field trip.  This Authorization and Consent may be presented to the appropriate medical/dental staff at such time as emergency medical care, dental care or hospitalization is required.  I/We hereby RELEASE and discharge Weston from any and all claims of any nature whatsoever, which may arise out of the decision to provide emergency medical care, dental care or hospitalization during this field trip.

I/We give permission for delegated school personnel to administer required prescribed medication during the field trip.