[Hsorchestra] High School Orchestra 2010-2011

Michelle Roman roman-stix at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 20:22:00 EDT 2010

Dear Parents in the High School Orchestra Community:

Greetings!  I am sending this first group email as the Weston High School Orchestra liaison to begin organizing volunteers for the 2010-2011 school year.  Through Weston Friends of Music, I'll be asking for assistance at orchestra events so that Chris Memoli and Colleen MacDonald can focus on the music!   Parent volunteers are very important to making things run smoothly.

We have a fun-filled year coming up starting with the Masquerade Concert on Wednesday, October 27th at 7:30 p.m. at the High School.  This is a fun concert where the students come dressed in Halloween costumes.  Tickets are $5 per adult while staff, students, and seniors are free.

We will need volunteers for the following:

·        2-3 volunteers to "guard" the doors from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. so no one goes in too early.

     Please respond to this email if you'd like to volunteer for the Masquerade Concert.

Other events coming up in the next few months for which we will need volunteers :

  a.. Senior District music audition, Saturday, November 20.  A few parents to chaperone.
  b.. HS/MS Orchestra Winter Concert, Wednesday, December 21 at 7:30 p.m.  We will need volunteers to sell tickets and bring food and drinks for the post-concert reception.
I will send out an email before these events asking for volunteers.

We will have other opportunities for volunteers later this year at the String Fling and the Pops Concert.  I'll be in touch with you as we start to plan these events.

This information and any additional details can also be found on Weston Friends of Music web page or by following this link to the section of the High School website that lists the parent volunteer groups:

  http://www.westonschools.org/index.cfm?pid=19750

Thanks in advance for all of your help with orchestra this year.  Chris and Colleen really appreciate your support!

Michelle Roman

Weston Friends of Music