[Hschorus] NEW YORK - saturday Jan 15 , FINAL INFORMATION

Provenzano, Therese ProvenzanoT at mail.weston.org
Thu Jan 6 05:48:07 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

This is the final letter regarding New York with the itinerary attached.  Please read it carefully so you are absolutely clear of what you need to do and where you need to be when.

A couple of things: Please remember this is a privilege for us to be able to go and I expect you to all act respectfully to each other and those around you.  You are not only there for yourselves, but you are representing the High School and our group.  I am proud of all the work you all do and I want us to have a FUN, SAFE weekend.  Remember, all school rules apply and if you don’t follow them you WILL be sent home immediately on your parents expense.  Also, don’t ruin this trip for those in the future – if others going in the past had done so, you wouldn’t have had this chance, so please keep that in mind and remember to act responsibly and be where you need to be ON TIME!!!!

SATURDAY JAN 15TH you MUST BE AT THE SCHOOL AT 6:30AM - bus will leave the high school promptly at 7AM – be there to have checked in by that time so we can depart promptly!! We have a tight schedule to get to a concert so we will not wait after 7am!!!

Some things you need to remember to bring;
1.	Music!!!!!! RUTTER REQUIEM (I will have a box in the chorus room to put your scores)
2.	Concert clothes
3.	Comfortable shoes for walking around after concerts
4.	Money for lunch Saturday, Sunday and Monday and any extra spending money you want
5.	Snacks !!!! for the bus and at the hotel
6.	Any DVD’s you want to watch --- PG only – yes, I know you are old enough and some parents don’t mind,,, but others do and there are plenty of PG we can all enjoy!!!!
The other stuff you know, I’m sure (toiletries, nice clothes for the theatre and comfy clothes for other times)

I’m really excited about this trip and know it will be great!!!!!
If any parents have any questions either email me at PROVENZANOT at MAIL.WESTON.ORG or call me at school 781 529-8030 x 7529    Doc

NEW YORK CITY
JAN. 15/SAT
7:00 am 	Depart via bus for NYC – lunch/snack stop on way
12:30pm	Arrival at St. John the Divine Cathedral,
             	1047 Amsterdam Ave, NY, NY-212-316-7490
1:00 pm 	Concert here
2:15pm	Depart for the lower Manhattan
                	Stop at the World Trade Center site
                	Then onto Chinatown/Little Italy – free time to shop in area
  5:00pm	Dinner on own-cash given ($20)
  6:45pm	Depart for Rockefeller Center-Top of the Rock.
                	30 Rockefeller Plaza, NY,NY-212-698-2000
9:00pm	Depart for Crowne Plaza,  2 Harmon  Plaza Seacacus, NJ-201- 348-6900 	 Room for group to use this evening
11:00pm	Security Guard for group

JAN. 16/SUN
 7:30 am	American Breakfast at hotel – full buffet – eggs, etc.
 9:00 am	Depart for the Metropolitan Art Museum
              	Fifth Avenue, NY, NY 212-570-3711
Tour the museum in small groups
11:30am	Depart for  Radio City Music Hall,
12:00Noon   Lunch on own at food court/Rockefeller Center
12:45pm 	Tour of Radio City Music Hall
 4:30pm	 Depart for dinner
 5:00pm 	Dinner at Dallas BBQ, 241 W. 42nd St    212-221-9000
 7:00pm   	“Stomp”-  OrpheumTheatre ; 7:30pm  “Billy Elliot” – Imperial Theatre “Avenue Q” – New World Stage
Return to hotel after performances/ Room for group to use this evening
11:00pm	Security Guard for group
JAN. 17/MON
7:30 am	American  Breakfast
8:30 am	Depart for Trinity Church, 74 Trinity Place, NY
               	 212-602-0800
10:00 am	Concert this morning here
               	Docent talk on  Church (re-9/11)
11:00 am	Some time at Ground Zero area