[Hschorus] High School Chorus

Collette Chilton cchilton at williams.edu
Mon Oct 20 11:00:28 EDT 2008

Dear Parents in the High School Chorus Community:

Greetings!  I am sending this first group email as the Weston High
School Chorus liaison to begin to organize volunteers for the 2008-2009
school year.  Through Weston Friends of Music, I'll be organizing these
events for chorus to help Therese Provenzano so she can focus on the
singing!

We have a fun-filled year coming up starting with the Masquerade Concert
on October 29th at the High School.  This is a fun concert where the
students come dressed in Halloween costumes to sing.  We will need
volunteers to sell tickets and supervise the doors before the concert
starts.  I'll send out a separate email for volunteers for this event
early this week.

Also, Therese would like to have a short meeting on Wednesday, October
29th immediately after the Masquerade Concert to go over the information
for the chorus trip to New York January 17-19, 2009, so please stick
around after the concert next week.

There are a few other events coming up in December and March when we
will need volunteers.

Concert/Pot Luck, Sunday, December 7th

On December 7th, the High School Chorus will sing at Norumbega Point at
Weston, and then they will return to the High School for a fun pot luck
dinner provided by the parents.  We'll need several volunteers for this
event:

*        Chair: one volunteer to organize the afternoon (fill out a
building use form, make a flyer for the kids to sign up);

*        Several volunteers (5 to 8) to help with the set up the dinner;
and

*        Several volunteers (5 to 8) to help with the clean up after the
pot luck dinner.

We'll ask everyone to help with the food as we get closer to the event.

Celtics Game, Friday, March 13th

On Friday, March 13th, the High School Chorus will sing the national
anthem at the Celtics game at the Garden in Boston.  We'll need a few
volunteers for the Celtics game:

*        One volunteer parent to design a flyer for the Celtics event to
distribute to the kids to sign up for the event and get tickets; and

*        One parent to collect money for any tickets to the game.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in helping with either of
these events.  You can respond directly to this email and I'll organize
all of the responses.  I think Therese may have recruited some
volunteers for both of these events.  Please let me know if you already
talked to Therese about volunteering for one of these opportunities.

We will have other opportunities later this year for volunteers,
starting with the High School Chorus Concert December 10th.  I'll send
out another email later this fall to recruit volunteers for the December
concert.   We will also need volunteers for the Spring Sing event
Wednesday, March 18th.

Thanks in advance for all of your help with chorus this year.  Therese
really appreciates your help!

Best regards,
Collette Chilton