[Hschorus] Attention: Students on the NYC trip and their families

Kathleen Becker beckerk at mail.weston.org
Wed Jan 10 13:22:35 EST 2007

Hello all,  I am pleased to be travelling to NYC this weekend with the Chorus as a parent, but also as the School Nurse, and in that capacity would like to make a few points....

Students are allowed and encouraged to carry their own Epi-Pens, asthma medications and any other routine daily medications such as antibiotics or vitamins.  However, controlled substances such as stimulants used for ADD/ADHD must be in my possession and distributed by me during the trip.  Place just enough medication for the duration of the trip in a pharmacy-labeled bottle and give to me Saturday morning as the busses are loading.  I will return the empty bottle at the end of the trip and assure you that privacy will be respected and discretion employed when administering any medications.

I f you are not confident that your child will remain compliant with other meds during the weekend, or might lose the Epi-Pen or inhaler, I am happy to carry them and/or administer any meds needed.  As above, I will need the medications in a pharmacy-labeled bottle or container.

If you have other health questions or concerns regarding this trip, please feel free to contact me at home (508-358-5005) or on my cellphone
(617-797-4335) anytime.

Thank you,  Kathy Becker