[Msband] Help needed for MS Band concert

DeLaney Family delaney_family at verizon.net
Sat Nov 22 15:32:31 EST 2008

Dear Parents of Middle School Band Members,

With the holidays quickly approaching, so is the Winter Band Concert on Wednesday December 3rd at 7:30 p.m. in the High School auditorium.  Following the concert there will be some light refreshments in the cafeteria, with time to socialize and congratulate the bands on what is always an enjoyable performance.

We are hoping many of you will volunteer to bring a plate of finger desserts (cookies, brownies, fruit, etc.) or drinks (small bottles of water or a gallon of cider or juice).  Coffee and will be provided.  The food should be on disposable plates if possible and can be dropped off in the High School Cafeteria when students arrive at 6:30 p.m.  We have many middle school musicians, and they are always hungry after the concert - so please volunteer to help feed them and their guests!!

Volunteers are also needed for the following tasks beginning at 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 3:
2 ticket sellers
3 ushers/"door guards"
6 chaperones to assist Ms. Toland
1 refreshment set-up person in the cafeteria

Volunteer needed to get flowers for band directors (will be reimbursed).

Volunteers needed in the middle of the concert:
Stage crew to help with one set change between the Jazz Band performance and the big bands (to move chairs, stands, etc.) This is a great job for high school siblings attending the concert who wish to get community service credit, but willing parents are probably also needed.

Please respond ASAP to this e-mail to volunteer or to let me know if your family is bringing food or drink.  Your help is very much appreciated by all involved!
Thank you.

Linda DeLaney
Weston Friends of Music - M.S. Band